why they are killing my cleaner shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 90 gal. fish and corals tank everything was so perfect. For 2 years i have many corals , yellow tang, hippo,kole tang maroon,strawberry basslet.For 18 months i also had 2 cleaner shrimps and fire shrimp. When i was gone for two weeks <my mother in law feed them and i know she did the same thing i do> all shrimps were gone. I thought that well maybe something went wrong so i bought 2 new ones. The moment i throw them in the tank maroon,kole ,strawberry attack them and kill them right away. What can be the reason? They were ok with them for 18 months and now they look for them as food. The hunger is out, they look great with round bellys. You think part of the reason is that i feed them with frozen brine and mysis shrimps? Tank still looks great and i can live without shrimps,but i love the way they look on rocks. Im just wondering what can be the reason? What you guys think? Thank You!!!!!:(

The basslet I can see but hard to believe the tangs and clowns are attacking a shrimp. Never seen that before.

Back
Top Bottom