Advise me on stock for a 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychocircus91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my biocube hqi 29 came in cracked, and I think I'm going to do a 55g fowlr instead of a nano reef.

I was thinking

- Dwarf Lionfish
- Dwarf Angel
- some sort of smaller puffer
- Snowflake eel
- Tomato Clown

Or maybe

- Dwarf Lionfish
- Some sort of butterfly fish
- Dwarf Angel
- Snowflake eel
- Tomato Clown

Am I facing compatability issues anywhere? I'm concerned about the puffer's nipping tendencies. Open to more suggestions of other fish as well. Thanks.

I'd go with the first option. You shouldn't have any problems if you stock in the right order. Both should work but the butterfly fish might get to big.

I'd go with the first option. You shouldn't have any problems if you stock in the right order. Both should work but the butterfly fish might get to big.

what order should i go? you don't think the puffer will be a problem with the lion?

No. In fact I'm doing something similar. I'm doing Fu Manchu lionfish, Papuan puffer, snowflake eel, hawkfish, and maybe a tomato clown or something. Im not 100% sure on stocking order.

No. In fact I'm doing something similar. I'm doing Fu Manchu lionfish, Papuan puffer, snowflake eel, hawkfish, and maybe a tomato clown or something. Im not 100% sure on stocking order.

pretty close. and yeah it's a little tricky depending upon the fish arrival size.

Well true but usually there isn't that great of a difference in size at lfs.

Back
Top Bottom