Any have success with pH meters such as Hanna brand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I don't feel very accurate with my drip tester and color chart. Any have success with Hanna or other pH meters?

I got my Hanna on ebay. I've never felt that the charts for the test I was using provided a granular enough comparison chart (somewhere between 8.0 and 8.2 wasn't good enough) and can't read a dip strip to save my life. When my PT's life depended on my ability to quickly and accurately (not to mention frequently) read my pH I ordered one. I love it.

The one thing that I've heard is that they can get bounced out of accuracy very easily and should be recalibrated often, especially if not handled with the utmost in care. I try to be careful with mine but need to order extra calibration solution for it. I'll also order some wetting solution so that the tip doesn't "dry out" since that may also cause a need to recalibrate.

HTH

I'm checking one on ebay as well. Maybe I'll give it a try. I'm not too happy with my Hagen drip tester. Thanks!

I have a Hanna and they are pretty accurate, just needs regular calibration. The one with a two point calibration is more accurate. Make sure you don't let the probe dry.

Back
Top Bottom