Check out my New Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divemasterjim

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got 40# more today from Liverock.com, this stuff is great im really happy with it. So now I have a total of 80# you guys think I need 20-40# more?
The first 40# was all gulf, the second was mixed gulf and keys.

WOW 8O THAT Looks great. I think that you could use a little more. About 20 more should be enough. I am Very impressed with the rock that you got. 0X

little hint on your seaclone skimmer !! if you want to help it perform alot better drill a 3/16th hole into the lid and add a small wood air stone attached to some undergravel hard air tubing with a small air pump !! you can dial it in alot better ! the prob with those skimmers imo is that the maxi-jet is just a bit small for it !! if ya notice when you crank open the venturi how much water flow you lose !! so by adding the air stone ya can close the venturi a bit and get more flow and alot better foaming action !!

little hint on your seaclone skimmer !! if you want to help it perform alot better drill a 3/16th hole into the lid and add a small wood air stone attached to some undergravel hard air tubing with a small air pump !! you can dial it in alot better ! the prob with those skimmers imo is that the maxi-jet is just a bit small for it !! if ya notice when you crank open the venturi how much water flow you lose !! so by adding the air stone ya can close the venturi a bit and get more flow and alot better foaming action !!

Can you do this on the skilter also? (Yea, I know). :roll:

Back
Top Bottom