How large would a clownfish have to be to pair with mine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan_00ryan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here’s a photo of my clown: IMG_0906.jpg
I couldn’t get a better one and gave up because I was definitely stressing the poor fella out.
I found WYSIWYG clowns online and I wanted to get one to pair with my clown who was a male until the female died about 3 months ago.
Do any of the black storm clowns here seem small enough?

https://www.seaandreef.com/what-you-see-is-what-you-get

I’m assuming my clownfish turned into a female and I’d need a smaller one

Btw

Your fish is beautiful and yes you would prefer to go with a smaller one but make sure to have an alternate home for the future mate as sometimes like humans they don't fit together be it aggression or dis approval

Many times they need to end up as an only Clown when their mate dies. I hear so many stories relating that. Just Be prepared to move one of them if they aren't getting along.

An idea:
QT new Clown when you get ready to add new Clown to your DT, remove the original Clown to the QT let the new Clown get familiar with the tank for a couple days and then add back the original one but be there to be able to watch them that day for a few hours, keep the lights low. Watch again the next day just be on the look out for bullying behavior.

Back
Top Bottom