Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silam1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it ok to treat a flame angel with copper I've read they don't do to well I'm about to set up a qt I lost my regal tang yesterday and don't want to loose any other how should i go about getting the filter for the qt ready I really want to get them in as soon as poss the flame angel is starting to act strange help would be really appreciated

Copper would likely kill it. 0.15ppm is the number you never want to get near with several angels. I'd go hypo, but make sure you have a refractometer, as hydrometers are not nearly as accurate. Odds are, if you do not have a filter already going with the DT, it will take a while to get BB. Some people keep a sponge in their tank/sump to pull out for QT. Use water changes and maybe go with a BB bottle product like Dr Tim's One &Only. That cycles a tank in days.

Also...if you have other fish, they are now potential hosts/carriers. Leaving the DT fallow for six weeks will allow the Ich to die off due to not having a host. Leaving fish in almost guarantees that the Ich will be there when you put the Angel back in.

Ill be putting 2 clowns in too I was thinking about taking sponges and ceramics out of my main filter to put them in the new one ill be using dt water to put in the qt do you think it would be ok to put them in right away and if I was to do hypo how should I keep the ph right? Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom