Is this normal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antonio718

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home tonight and found one of my snails upside down, so i went to turn him over and found it completely empty inside, i think one of my hermit crabs ate him cuz a few days ago i seen the same snail upside down and one of the hermit crabs pickin at him

Antonio718 said:
I came home tonight and found one of my snails upside down, so i went to turn him over and found it completely empty inside, i think one of my hermit crabs ate him cuz a few days ago i seen the same snail upside down and one of the hermit crabs pickin at him

Yes, only certain snails can upright themselves. Other snails unfortunately will fall victim once they turn over. Most probably fall off the glass and once turned over its snack time.

Convict2161 said:
Yes, only certain snails can upright themselves. Other snails unfortunately will fall victim once they turn over. Most probably fall off the glass and once turned over its snack time.

Which snails can turn themselves back over? And can i leave the shell in there since its empty?

Antonio718 said:
Ok thanks, i was thinking about getting a blue spotted goby, are they easy to take care of and would it get along with my clowns and inverts?

Do you a blue dotted jawfish? I had one he passed soon after. I read there good if you introduce them fairly soon,let them find there spot then put the rest of your live stock in.

Convict2161 said:
Do you a blue dotted jawfish? I had one he passed soon after. I read there good if you introduce them fairly soon,let them find there spot then put the rest of your live stock in.

No i want to get one as my next fish, i have two clowns,two snails, three hermit crabs, one banded shrimp and i had a lettuce nudibranch but its missing and in guessing my hermit crabs ate him cuz today i seen pieces of it floating around ?

Back
Top Bottom