It finally happened with my lionfish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
He snatched some shelled shrimp from my hand finally!! followed it up with silversides.. and then another small part of the shrimp! Took about 2 months.. but yay! shrimp is so much cheaper! LOL:devilish:

Heh, well don't come online and post you got nailed because I will say I told you so ;) lol Oh, and when you do get nailed, take pics :p

Really doesn't sound like a good idea to feed a lionfish by hand but honestly I can't say i wouldn't try it

im going to take pictures and video of it.. you guys would be suprised how careful around me he is lol. I cleaned out the tank the other day.. as soon as my hand went all the way in the tank, he retreated to his little cave and didnt move till he saw me leave lol. he wants nothing to do with me other than food... and that he is gentle as can be =P

That what I said about my Rottweiler when I had him for 5 years then turn on me and attacked me never once did do any harm to him was well trained and was very protective of me and one day out of the Blue he just decided to bit my hand and yak me to the ground and started mauling me. Never understood why till this day... So don't be so ignorant to your pet,especially your Lion fish..... Listen to thess guys they know what they are talking about... Sorry not trying to be mean or anything just something you should know...

actually when i first read the subject of this post i came in here expecting to hear you talking about how much it hurt hahaha

good thing is, lion fish are the less venomous of the 4 from the family.

Its fine mike, feed it how you want, you know the risks, right.

I mean heck, I stick my arm into holes in the river bottom, waiting to get bit my a catfish.( stingers with very small dose of venom if it can even be considered venom) Also, I used to hand feed my uncle lionfish when I was 16, never once got hit by em but came close a couple times when they freaked out while consuming a chunk of mackerel.

more aerodynamic that way?

but atleast you arent prechewing his food for him and spitting it at him.

Back
Top Bottom