My 20 long FOWLR build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 161025

Added a 2nd Koralia 425and a hydor Koralia wave maker. Retired the 750 gph for now and will run the two 425's.

Skimmer is skimming!
AC50 refug is working well

Params at 0 still across the board!

Thoughts on adding more live rock? Should I do anything special with it? Only want 3-5lbs more.

View attachment 161027

w0w..looks good :) I can't wait to get my 20G set up. I was pondering a 2nd 425 + wavemaker...not sure if I'm going to do it or not, though...what's the benefit?

The more flow you have the more the water passes through your LR hence better filtration. It will also help to keep I eaten food and fish waste from settling on your substrate make it look dirty and raising your nitrates.

Thanks. I found a guy dumping a small nano setup on craigslist which includes a 425, so that's my 2nd one. Just gotta pick up the SmartWave controller now...

Update: got sick of the clutter under my stand which is the Petco Brooklyn black metal stand so I spend $27 at lowes on some wood and had them make all the cuts.

image-174857218.jpg

Just need to paint it and the light stand I diy'd from conduit.

Will be adding a shelf in the middle for food and chemical storage.

Update: got sick of the clutter under my stand which is the Petco Brooklyn black metal stand so I spend $27 at lowes on some wood and had them make all the cuts.

Just need to paint it and the light stand I diy'd from conduit.

Will be adding a shelf in the middle for food and chemical storage.

That looks great! Very creative use of things!

Everything is painted and re-installed!

Sides are compression fit / front door has two hinges, a handle and a magnetic catch.

Not bad for a $50 Petco Brooklyn stand with $30 or so worth if wood and some time.

image-121666990.jpg

image-266056821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom