Need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tkey3425

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am missing my two cleaner shrimp and all five peppermint shrimp but not my larger coral banded. All in a 210 gallon display with 280lbs of live rock, skimmer, sump, uv sterilizer, etc.. Ammonia-0 nitrite-0 nitrate-10 p.h-8.1, SG1.025(refractometer), alk 10, CA 500ish, MG 1300ish,
Coral banded is fed silversides every three days and has been in the tank for 3 months added at the same time of the skunk cleaners, cleaners were fully grown when added, peppermint shrimp have been in there for a little longer. Nothing was missing until a few days ago I added, moorish idol 4", yellow tang 5-6", marine beta 3-4", yellow belly hippo 3-4", square dot anthias 4-4.5", some type of dotty-back 3.5-4" (the larger ones that get to 8" starts with an L) horseshoe crab 3", and an urchin 1.5" with shirt spines. We did a 3 week QT at the store because my tank at home is only 30 gallons and I didn't want them all crammed into that tank. Who is the culprit? I'd say molting but 7 shrimp all molted at the same time with no shells floating in the tank? It's like a game of clue now.

Maybe coral banded or marine betta I'd guess

I didn't know marine betas would eat cleaners or peppermint. He will be finding him a new home if that's the case. I liked my cleaners they added life to the tank. My beta only comes out if it pitch black in the tank. Or with minimal blue LEDs on lowest light possible.

Back
Top Bottom