New Year! New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingman8610

Aquarium Advice Freak
Something I just found out yesterday.... I have fixed my BIGGEST problem and didnt even know it WAS a problem... SUBSTRATE!! I have had play sand in my tank since the beginning... who knows WHAT it's been releasing into my tank. So, yesterday I did a complete do-over, took everything out of my tank, got ALL the sand out, cleaned my tank and put about 5-7 gals out of 10 of the old water back in after putting in the new Live Aragonite (10lbs of it) and topped off with fresh SW. It looks WAY more beautiful than before. My hermits love it lol. I also got another 1.5 lbs of LR too! So now I will go back to this new LFS I found (Petworld in Haltom city, tx) for Water testing. He said my Ammo. was actually at 0! wow, but... my nitrates and nitrites were and I quote "Off the charts"... so yeah, I will put up new pics in a couple days...

Any thoughts or comments please!

nitrite is also toxic. play sand is not necessarily bad to use. it just doesn't buffer the ph because it's not a calcium based sand (most are silica).

Back
Top Bottom