Plumbing pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well after about 12 trips to home depot. I finally finished my plumbing under my 90 gallon. I was wondering what everyone thought. Since it's not your standard baffled design.... I am going to be using a square bucket for a fuge. Where I just teed off my return, then drains out back into the sump. And I ordered a reef octopus which will be here on Tuesday. And will just fit in-between the drain and pump. Any comments good or bad are welcome

Attachments

• image-1754098844.jpg
    image-1754098844.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3344914367.jpg
    image-3344914367.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image-438834858.jpg
    image-438834858.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1181613739.jpg
    image-1181613739.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 134
Any ideas what I can put over the drain from the tank. Filter socks if so what kind. Or is there anything else I could use?? I have done some research suggesting because there are no baffles the water in the sump will move slower and if you can separate the drain and the pump as far as possible in the sump it will allow enough time for the bubbles to raise?? Is this true?

Well, comments - it looks good :D Clean and simple. Are you against baffles? A filter sock is good but gets clogged up often. You'll need a few or need to frequently rinse out your sock. It's your choice on size - a lot of people use 200 or 100 micron. I am using a 4" (diameter) 200 micron filter sock right now.

Where's your square bucket fuge going to go?

Well I am not against them. Mainly I don't have the proper saw to get cut them. And don't feel like having to silicone them in. I just wanted to see if it can be done with out it.
The buckets actually in there already all the way on the right side of the sump. Its a 4 gallon square bucket. I kinda like it because I can take it out with out removing all the plumbing. I just gotta get a light for the top.

Here's a few shots of mine.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110923_225303.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110923_225303.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20110923_225411.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110923_225411.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 140
Oh, sorry about that! Yeah, anything will work! Design is totally up to you. Baffles are just used as dividers and bubble traps. Since you have your fuge separated you're good to go if you can control microbubbles.

Your sump accomplishes the goal of a sump - higher water volume, hidden equipment, ease of maitenance.

Baffles are also there to keep water levels correct,you will need to put a seperator between the skimmer and the return pump,the skimmer needs the water level to be steady not moving up and down due to evaporation,the section with the return pump is always the one which the water level moves.

I am usually pretty good about topping off since my rodi unit it like 5 feet away. But if becomes a problem I plan setting up an ATO I just wanted to see how it goes with out it. Should have the skimmer set up by the end of the week I will let you guy know how it goes with the micro bubbles.
And Shawn what kind of tank is that on

I am usually pretty good about topping off since my rodi unit it like 5 feet away. But if becomes a problem I plan setting up an ATO I just wanted to see how it goes with out it. Should have the skimmer set up by the end of the week I will let you guy know how it goes with the micro bubbles.
And Shawn what kind of tank is that on
the skimmer wont operate correctly in the return pump section because of the variable water level.

It's a 55g long tank. This actual pic ain't mine but my set up is almost identical.

Back
Top Bottom