RO/DI Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also live in farm land. I won't drink the tap water, much less ask thousands in corals to tolerate it. We in the Midwest now live in an age where fossil fuel extraction is more important than clean water. I would imagine your water is high in lots of things you don't want in your tank. I personally would add my family to the RO/DI unit along with the fish tank.

My water is well water as well, and when I use it to fill regular bowls it leaves behind some nasty brown stains. I will not use that without some filtration devise filtering the water first. I live next to farm land and no telling what chemicals get into the water, plus the stream the water comes from runs right though a cow pastier. So NO way would I use it straight up! My wife bought me this for Christmas!

Amazon.com: Coralife 05692 Pure-Flo II 50-Gallon Per Day 4 Stage RO/DI System: Pet Supplies

I already saw a major difference in terms of quality of my water, plus no brown stains on anything I put it in. I might have to replace the filters a little more often than normal, but it's still worth having it at my home so I don't have to drag 5 gallon buckets to the super market for their RODI water.
Here is a picture of my setup! This is coming right from the hose attachment in the sub-basement that the water flows directly from the well. Water is good for a long time! So you don't need to worry about filling up a trashcan and not using the water quickly.

So is that unit pretty portable? If it comes with a faucet head attachment, that sounds like a good deal. I have an RO/DI unit but it produces a petty 10g per DAY!!!! T.T

You can always go on craigslist and grab a ro\di system for cheap the cost of these systems for a 14 year old is hefty I had the same issue I was worried that spending 100 bucks or more on a good system but I found one for cheap on craigslist also I had the same issue my fokes didn't want me to touch the plumbing so I go a realy long tube and hooked it up in the garage and then into a trash can so u can get the ro/di it's easy too

You can always go on craigslist and grab a ro\di system for cheap the cost of these systems for a 14 year old is hefty I had the same issue I was worried that spending 100 bucks or more on a good system but I found one for cheap on craigslist also I had the same issue my fokes didn't want me to touch the plumbing so I go a realy long tube and hooked it up in the garage and then into a trash can so u can get the ro/di it's easy too

Craigslist is a great place to find stuff from folks exiting the hobby. But, you would be wise to get new filters for the unit, unless the seller includes new ones. Also, make sure you have a TDS meter, if it isn't built in, so you can monitor the quality of the product water.

Back
Top Bottom