Rodi help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobdlaw610

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change 5 gallons in my 55 gallon fowlr that has perfect parameters. Just started using rodi water and tank suddenly went cloudy a white haze. Stayed that way for a week I then cleaned all my filters and skimmer and another pw change and seemed to get worse. Never had a an issue

Been several days and still cloudy is there ANYONE who has some ideas or suggestions

Hi! Have you been using a PH buffer? I know some people that experienced what sounds like you are, and it was due to their buffer. I don't know exactly how it does it, but that was their problem.

Elude82 said:
Hi! Have you been using a PH buffer? I know some people that experienced what sounds like you are, and it was due to their buffer. I don't know exactly how it does it, but that was their problem.

I had this issue with my last tank once and I think it was the pH buffer! It also made some weird white stuff on top of the water when I mixed it. I poured it out.

ZHiTcH41 said:
How did you do the water change? Did you add salt directly to tank?

No I have a 5 gallon bucket just for clean water I add 5 gallon of rodi water and mix in the salt which is top fin and let sit for 24 hours and then add to tank

I think the problem is the poor quality salt your using, I haven't started my salt water tank yet, but I'm sure topfin cuts corners somehow and makes the salt cheap and not good.

ZHiTcH41 said:
I think the problem is the poor quality salt your using, I haven't started my salt water tank yet, but I'm sure topfin cuts corners somehow and makes the salt cheap and not good.

Been through about 15 gallons of the salt never had an issue till the rodi water

It sounds like you're having a precipitate issue. Im not 100% on the science behind it, but some of the chemicals used in saltwater aquariums react with each other by coalescing into a solid precipitate in the water. Usually a buffer is the culprit but is not the only way it happens. Anyway, is there "snow" looking stuff (precipitate) in the low flow areas of the tank, because if this is the issue you will have some settling on your sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom