water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peter101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
im relativly new to sw, and just finished building my stand and plumbing my new fowlr 90 gal. i was wondering wat type of water parameters are good for this set up?
i'll probably be keeping
2 perc clowns
2 bangaii cardinals
1 pacific blue or regal tang (i know he might have issues with the cardinals but i really like this species)
2 firefish
and a few others
also, any fish suggestions to go with this group would be appriciated.
for the water parameters im looking for SG, PH, ALK, Hardness, Calcium and any others i should be worryed about, and how i can control these elements.
thanx in advance
peter

You'll want to shoot for a SG of around 1.025, but it can be +/- .002 or so each way and be safe. PH should be around 8.3. If you plan on going fish only you won't really need to worry about calcium/alk etc... Of course you want ammonia/nitrite to be zero. Temp should be around 79-83.

HTH

i agree w/ above but i would keep an eye on the ALK because it is directly related to PH, and can tell you if PH is going to raise/fall.

dont see any glaring problems with fish selections- should be fine

alright thanx
what should i use to keep my PH at 8.3? my lfs sells pinpoint ph monitors with the whole shpeel for 230 canadian. is it worth it to buy this?
also how many more fish can I get in my set up?

Back
Top Bottom