yellowtail damsel growth question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 14g BioCube with a clown and soon to be twin spot goby. The clown is approximately 1.5". I am going to be adding a yellowtail damsel as my last fish. To have the best chance of avoiding aggression, I want to get him small enough where he doesn't think he is the king.

I know there are lots of variables that go in to it, but assuming average feeding and good water conditions, how fast would a yellowtail damsel grow? The LFS I went to yesterday had tons of them ranging from super super tiny like 3/4" all the way to full size. If they will not grow very much, I dont want to get one that will be SO small that it defeats the purpose of getting them for the aesthetic benefits, but also dont want to get one big enough where he would be a monster! ha.

Would like any feedback/advice on what size I should get him in so that he doesn't get too big too fast.

THANKS!:thanks:

From my experience with damsels, if it's bigger than your clown, it will bully it. I would go with the smallest possible

Back
Top Bottom