Brand new to saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coachjones

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well, after many successful years with our 75 gal freshwater tank, a deal at our local fish store came up that we could not possibly pass up on a marine setup. Our local shop is going out of business and he was selling all of his display tanks fully setup. minus the fish and live rock.
What was included for my $30 30 gal tank was: the tank, filter, a maxi jet 600, crushed coral/sand, and water. He took it down while I had lunch and we set it up that day. Checked the levels and were good to go. He sold us some live rock, some base rock and a heater for another $75.
Two days later the live rock was abounding in life, two good size snails are touring the facility, and we tossed in a yellow fin damsel to test the waters. I now hear they are evil and probably should not have gotten it but he seems very happy. I look forward to enjoying the site and conversing with other members, as we are very new at the saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom