Hello! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleSharky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish2:

Hey i'm Sharky, and I just got me a fishtank a week ago! I'm really excited, and just put in a few fish. Rosie, a red Platy, Annie, a neon Guarami, and Leah, a painted-glass tetra. :) I really like them, and i'm hoping to get maybe another fish or two. But the pet-store lady told me these types of fish are good starters. Is this true? And Rosie, my Platy, spends a lot of time on the bottom of the tank, sitting. She'll swim around sometimes, but it's got me curious. Will she be alright?
Any ideas or advice to offer a new aquarium owner? I'd be real grateful! :)

Thank you so much, Convict! That link gave me a lot to think about! I think i'm going to do a water change today, since the water is all cloudy. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

LittleSharky said:
Thank you so much, Convict! That link gave me a lot to think about! I think i'm going to do a water change today, since the water is all cloudy. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Glad I could help. Just keep testing and testing and doing your water changes. Keep your ammonia and Nitrites as close to 0 as possible. Just keep watching it and you'll be fine. Just don't stress it too much. Yes it's more work but it can be done. I did a 55 gallon fish in cycle and was doing 2-3 water changes a day! You'll be fine.

Make sure you test often and don't over feed.

Anything else feel free to ask or PM me.

Again welcome to the forum and glad you found help quick :)

Back
Top Bottom