Hi Everyone, I'm back after 36 years!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vmseaber

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got back my interest in keeping an aquarium, not since I was about 16 years old.

I'm now 52 years old, semi-retired and live alone in Farmington,MO.

I regained my interest after receiving a small gold fish that was given to me by a neighbor that didn't know what to do with it, after winning at a County Fair "Fish Bowl & Ping Pong Ball" event.

After a few days, I began to feel sorry for the lonely little goldfish, in a tiny dirty bowl on top of my Bakers Rack, and soon became obsessed.

I just dropped $225.00 for a Small Custom 29"L x 7"W x 9"H, approx. 8 gallon freshwater aquarium and accessories that would just fit the top shelf of the Bakers Rack in my dining room. It should be here in a few days, shipped from California.

I guess I've regained the bug, after all these years. My new Gold Fish, named Gloria, should be Very Happy ! :fish2:

Virgil

Welcome Aboard!

I commend you for the rescue, goldfish seem to be used as prizes more than any other fish combined.

The tank you ordered will work for a short time, but I'd recommend you look at upgrading soon enough to a more appropriate 20g tank for Gloria. Over filtration is always a good thing to consider when it comes to goldies, since they're pooping machines.

Welcome Aboard!

I commend you for the rescue, goldfish seem to be used as prizes more than any other fish combined.

The tank you ordered will work for a short time, but I'd recommend you look at upgrading soon enough to a more appropriate 20g tank for Gloria. Over filtration is always a good thing to consider when it comes to goldies, since they're pooping machines.

:welcome: to AA. Gloria sounds like she's in good hands. She'll need a larger tank as she gets larger. Goldfish have large bio-loads and really know how to dirty their water:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom