Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YME13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I am a saltwater noob. I just acquired my first saltwater tank last Saturday. The LFS sold me a 20 gal long complete with sand, 20 # LR, top with LED lights, one powerhead, and RO/DI water. The set up also came with fish:
:fish2:
1 Coral Beauty
1 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Green Mandarin
1 Turbo Snail

Thanks for the welcomes. :thanks: I have to say that I am not happy about this new little set up special they sold to me. I have talked to them and they said it was something they consider to be in the trial stage for them to learn from. The first thing they are going to correct is to send the tank set up home with the customer w/o the fish. Then after one week the customer can bring in a slip and pick up their new fish.

My research has since led me to believe that the Coral Beauty should be in a 30 gal tank and that the Green Mandarin is a dragonet which needs about 100 lbs. of LR to feed from. :banghead:

I am going to set up a 30 gal flatback hexagon this weekend that I will tranfer the Coral Beauty to after it cycles. I am also going to purchase a 90 gal after the first of the month and try to keep the Mandarin alive until I can get enough LR and a refugium going. So after one week into this new hobby I am almost an addict... Hello, my name is Yvie and I have a reefing problem. LOL

Welcome to AA!

If you are going to get a 30g, I would recommend getting a different kind that is longer rather than taller. :)

I am not buying a new 30 gallon. :) I am just setting up the flatback hexagon that I already have on hand. It has a mirror on the back of it. I do have a 30 gallon long tank, but it has a tortise in it at the moment and I have no stand for it. I have a stand for a 90, but no tank until payday. But I am now setting up a 10 gallon hospital tank because my new fish have ick. :(

Back
Top Bottom