The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jiggyboom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I have just joined this forum I used to keep tropical fish many years ago and have just started again. I have a 125l tank with some tetras cories mollies guppies and a couple of bristle nose plecs, looking to get a gourami and a fighting fish in the next couple of weeks. Any advice on unusual community fish or any I should avoid would be appreciated.

Welcome. I have been told fancy guppies and bettas don't work but I kept endlers without any problems and defiantly, defiantly don't mix a Betta with a gourami they are both labyrinth fish and will fight, same goes for either of them with a paradise fish, I learned the hard way and the opaline gourami nearly killed the Betta, what I suggest about stocking is have a look around and find some you like then google to research and also posting on here is a good way to get advice. Best of luck :)

Welcome. I have been told fancy guppies and bettas don't work but I kept endlers without any problems and defiantly, defiantly don't mix a Betta with a gourami they are both labyrinth fish and will fight, same goes for either of them with a paradise fish, I learned the hard way and the opaline gourami nearly killed the Betta, what I suggest about stocking is have a look around and find some you like then google to research and also posting on here is a good way to get advice. Best of luck :)

I agree.

And, one more piece of advice, thought I would throw it out there: It is generally a bad idea to replicate tanks found on youtube. The majority of them are very overstocked. Example: I found a person with an African Brown Knife in a 16 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom