New to all this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chickenwellies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I'm new to all this forum stuff but I am looking to start a salt water aquarium and I would really appreciate as much help and advice on this subject. I currently run a fresh water aquarium and it has been a very successful so far. I have started reading a lot into saltwater aquariums and I think this is the route for me to go down. So any advice and points of direction to take is very much appreciated. First I will be looking for some advice on the best size of tank to buy. I am hoping that the first tank I get will last for years. Sorry if this is going on a bit but I really want to do it right. I will let you all know which tank I settle on after some much needed advice. Thanks in advance. Chickenwellies.

heya! you sound like this is the right move, and there's a load of great information waiting for you here. enjoy AA and i hope people chime in with advice!
firstly, with regards to the tank size... you need to think about where its being put, whether you want fish only or fish only with live rock or corals etc and what fish you'd like, then base the tank size, lighting, shape etc round that. good luck!

Welcome!!:) I would suggest first researching SW fish on sites like liveaquaria.com, bluezooaquatics.com, saltwaterfish.com. Find fish that you think you just MUST have, then look to see what size tank the site suggests for those fish. That'll give you an idea of how big a tank you should go with, and that's the first step to buying a tank!! Once you have a list of fish that you think you want, open a thread under "Saltwater getting started" and tell us your list. People on the site will let you know of any incompatibilities in your list and you can hone the list from there. :) have fun!!

Back
Top Bottom