New to this app and hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huntergill308

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I’m hunter just got started about 25 days ago my tank is a 32 biocube with a ai light, in tank filter basket, a protein skimmer I’m still trying to figure out how to set up fully.

I have brown algae and don’t know how to get rid of it. I just got done using the red sea starter kit.

Always looking for tips and what kinda things I should look at adding to my tank [emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:
It should get out competed by live plants and green algae. Algae isn't the worst thing to have in your tank. It's only really bad if there is too much of it.
If it gets on your tank walls you can buy a magnetic algae scrubber. Those things work great and your hands dont get wet.

It should get out competed by live plants and green algae. Algae isn't the worst thing to have in your tank. It's only really bad if there is too much of it.

If it gets on your tank walls you can buy a magnetic algae scrubber. Those things work great and your hands dont get wet.

Rn all I got on my glass is this white dust that comes right off with my magnet scrubber ,

Welcome to the community! As for diatoms, they are a usual part of the newer tank set up.

In regard to the sand being moved all around. Move it if you want to but the fish will likely move it back. A bamboo back scratcher or xlong plastic shoe horn (I saw one at dollar tree the other day) might be handy to adjust the sand with out disturbing the inhabitant(s) too much.

Back
Top Bottom