Newbie - just add water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoboSpider

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everybody, :) What a great forum!

I'm Josh and I'm just getting started in aquariums. I was originally going to try for a closed ecosystem to start out with but saw mixed success online with those so decided to go with something more alterable. Planning to have a few African Dwarf Frogs and maybe a few snails in a 10 gallon tank.

Equipment List:

-10 Gallon Leader Tank
-Sub: Large Diameter Gravel Substrate
-Filter: AquaClear 20 Filter with attachment to reduce current
-Filter Media: Bottom=Sponge, Middle=BioMax, Top=Poly-Fil (and a sponge fitting over the intake to prevent plant material intrusion)
-Light: AquaNeat Full Spectrum LED (for plants)
-Plants: Warm Water Aquarium Plant Bundle
-Decoration: A coconut with holes for the frogs and a resin cave.
-Aeration: Volcano with air stone and red led lights
-Thermometer: Contactless Thermometer on 'object' setting (instant)
-Feeding Tube with dish so they don't have to hunt for food
-Testing Kit: API Freshwater Master Test Kit
-Acurel (just in case, although I do want to research causes of foggy water)
-Prime
-Pure Ammonia (coming via mail for fishless cycling because the fish stores by me conveniently don't carry it)
-Data: Aquarimate App for graphing and notebook journal

I will post the IP webcam address up here once the tank is cycled in about 4-6 weeks (or however long it takes) and once the frogs are in for anyone who wants to watch them. Would welcome any input on equipment selections, for sure. Got some good advice already on here but wanted to introduce myself.

Hobbies are camping, outdoors, reading, drone builds, stained glass, cooking, Jeeps, overlanding, and hopefully aquariums.

Everybody be safe! :hide: but not that safe!

Back
Top Bottom