Nice to meet ya!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lotsofbabies

Aquarium Advice Regular
:n00b:

Take a mo and read my profile (I'm lazy to re-type :brows: ) !

My husband and I are the proud parents/grandparents/greatgrandparents :)D ) of guppies, Apple Snails (80% sure that's what they are) and 1 Rainbow Shark named Bruce (Yes, Finding Nemo is our favourite animation!! :popcorn:)!

My tanks seem to be VERY healthy as breeding seems to be non-stop lately (they had to mature first... :fish2:)

Will be asking advice soon. First want to acquint myself with this fab forum site thingy... :whistle:

:thanks: for being here!

3 tanks:
1. Octagonal 20l tank with mini-titanic (lol) and china wall (lol) and cave = Home of Bruce (fish are friends NOT food, does not seem to be my Rainbow Shark's motto. He shares his tank reluctantly with 2 Apple Snails
2. Rectangular 30l tank with no substrate yet and midi-titanic (lol), titanic (lol) and rock pyramid and cracked barrel with air filter - Home of VERY fertile/productive guppies (16 for now) and 2 adult Apple Snails (laying every day for 5 days so far) and 5 teenaged Apple Snails and not-able-to-count-yet baby snails of about 4mm each. Fitted with net breeding trap with 1 baby guppy (we were too late to help his siblings :( )
3. Octagonal 20l tank that will be resealed shortly and take the load off the rectangular tank...
ALL tanks have normal lights, sponge/charcoal/combo filters, heaters and thermometers.
I ONLY add aquarium salt, tetra medica and contra spot meds. I do not worry about other elements as Bruce is 12 years old now and guppies and snails breed, thus that tank must be healthy.
Hubby and I loooove watching the beautiful "movie" in all tanks.

welcome to AA. you have a rainbow shark in a 20 litre tank? he needs to be moved. like,yesterday. they need a 55 minimum(gallons,not litres. pretty sure thats about 200 or so litres)

ok, so I've been mistaken....

:facepalm:

Bruce's tank is a 25l and he is now alone with only a breeding net with Nemo, our one survivor of the guppies (we were too late for his siblings...).

Tank 2 is actually a 40l tank with 16 guppies, 4 adult apple snails, 3 teenage apple snails and 18 baby apple snails of which I'm not sure how many will survivie...

Tank 3 is a 25l and has to be resealed, thus the 40l being so "crowded".

My happiest fish is Bruce.

I know all this after redoing all the tanks this weekend and cleaning them to find out the population of all... Feel like a murderess: I counted more than 20 egg clusters of Apple Snails and I destroyed them all :(

Back
Top Bottom