The guy with the cursed Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellow fellow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone i just joined today and thought this would be a good place to start. I started keeping fish about a year and a half and ago and bought a second hand octagonal tank thats 86cm tall and about 30 across from memory its about 92 litres.Since then i think ihave experienced every fishkeeping problem imanginable. The tank came with a light, hood and stand. It also came with an undergravel filter that i switched for a 700ltr Aqua One canister filter (i live in Perth Australia so i dont know if youll know this brand). My tank came with some medium sized gravel and a large stone (dont know what type) I later planted it with some vallisneria and Jave fern howevr the val did not do well. i thoughth this might be because of snails so bought three clown loach (already had ten neon tetras) rather than use chemicals. This didnt work (i now think the problem may be lack of light) but soon after this the clown loach got ich and died (i did treat them first) after this the neons developed some fungal disease that i treated but lost some of them. After this i had problems like random ammonia spikes (zero two three over night) leaking tank and random deaths. At the momonet my tanks has 2 bristle nose plecs, four neons, four danios, four platys and four glo lite tetras that i bought today. hopefully this forum will help me keep them all happy healthy and let me expand my collection. Hope to hear from you all :D

Back
Top Bottom