150g glass tank bowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I picked up a 150g (paid $100) project tank that will eventually become the new home of the fish in my 55g. I filled my 150g last night to test its ability to hold water and it does that but it has me wondering for how long as the front and rear glass bow a bit in the center about a 1/4 inch total:hide:. I am working on a couple designs for bracing the front and back but im curious what the best bracing method would be. I was going to build either a metal trim around the tank or silicone a couple glass braces to the inside connecting the front and back glass or maybe both. do you guys think this bowing is something I should worry about?

i'm pretty sure this tank is a homemade one it doesn't have any bracing at top or around it. The glass is half inch thick and the silicone is plentiful. I did some searching and I found a glass thickness chart that states my glass is thicker than needs to be so i'm guessing that the glass is strong enough but I was a bit worried that the pressure would blow out a seem or something.

Back
Top Bottom