A fail proof heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

32blownhemi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are there any heaters that just don't fail. I don't really care what it costs. On Amazon reviews there are no heaters where at least a few folks haven't said; "I woke up this morning & my fish were cooked"... Maybe a private individual who makes heaters one at a time & they are perfect. As an example I'm into 2 channel stereo's & there are Amp's out there that are custom built one at a time. Thank You! Bill

Hi Bill,

There is no such thing as a fail proof anything, heaters from all brands will have the odd case of complete disaster. Best bet would be to buy a high quality heater from a company that will give you a good warranty, then it would be best to run the heater off of a temp controller that will kill power to the heater if temps get over a defined threshold. You can use reef controllers for this purpose as well.

Thank You Zxc! Would you please give me the manufactures name (if you have it handy model number) of a temperature controller &/or reef controller that would be good to use? I'm new at this & I'm already getting a pile of stuff I've bought that I don't need Lol... Thanks again! Bill

Yep bandit posted a good one. I personally don’t use any so I’m of no “real world” help

I don't use one either !
60 plus tanks not one other brand heater in my fish room besides Aqueon PRO...Never cooked a tank yet in my life .
Maybe the Aqueon Pros are the perfect heater ? All mine have failed by not turning on !
The Aqueon Pros come with a "lifetime guarantee' and they will send you ONE replacement if you send them your bad heater or just contact them.(y)

Thank You Coral! So I can hook up the Aqueon Pro Heater to the Finnex Controller? Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom