Another question on lights- 60"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I pick up a 60 inch tank what can i expect as far as lighting? I've done some searching and most brands go from 48" to 72" fixtures. The only place I found a 60" was the odyssea which interestingly enough has 4 80w bulbs in it. When you get a 72" higher end light it also uses 80w bulbs.

When you do find a 60" fixture it only uses 54w 4 foot bulbs so I'd be loosing light on the ends.

Quite the dilemma I have here. i though lighting would be cheaper for a 60" but it's not looking that way.

I already have two odyssea units, one the cheapo and one from a few years back which is excellent quality believe it or not lol

Any one have any ideas off the top of their head? I gotta make a decision on this CL tank by tomorrow. or should I just wait for a 6 foot 125g?

I guess a standard would be 2 30" fixtures each with 24" bulbs, probablly 24watts per bulb ?

I'm looking for reef lighting. Not sure 24w bulbs are gonna cut it. It does have the center brace so I;m not sure how two 30's would actually fit.

Back
Top Bottom