Anyone using double Eclipse hoods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishOCD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it possible to use two Eclipse2 hoods side by side on a 75g tank? (I like the clean look of the Eclipse hoods.) If someone has done this, how do I secure them since they won't be able to slip over the edge in the center? Is there a manufacturer who makes a plastic housing for the top of the tank where both units can fit? Thanks!

You really won't get enough filtration using the Eclipse hoods on a 75.

I have had 2 of these (one that is still on a 15gal, and one that I no longer use taht was on a 37).

They are great for a beginner who wants everything all-together, and I do agree that they have a very clean look, but just won't be anywhere near adequate for that size aquarium.

Maybe what you want is one of those expensive but really nice looking wooden hoods that encloses the lights. Get one of those and a canister filter hidden down in your cabinet and you will have massive filtration combined with a clean appearance.

Just purchase a canopy. It will cover the entire top of the tank and will hide the light strip.

Back
Top Bottom