Automatic Feeder Experience...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnmc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What models/brands would you recommend? Or not recommend.

There seems to be two basic styles- one with separate compartments for each feeding and one with a central ‘hopper’ which doles out a portion from the hopper at each feeding. Am I wrong to think that the hopper style is more likely to get gunked up from the humidity?

I need feeders for the following:

1. A 46G tank with nine 2-3 inch loaches, three 1.5 inch cories, two 3 inch mollies, five 1 inch endlers. The feeder will need to last 3 weeks and accommodate flake/crisps and shrimp pellets (or other small, sinking bottom feeding pellets/wafers).

2. 5 to 10 Gallon tanks loaded with endlers and their fry. The feeder will need to last 3 weeks and accommodate powdered food or crushed flake.

Cheers, John

Tagging along on this thread, curious what others have found. I know a lot of wholesale breeders use auto feeders for thier ponds, but they're running a business and automation=efficiency. I haven't heard much about it from hobbyists, I would assume since many of them vary foods and like to interact with thier fish.

Back
Top Bottom