Automatic water changer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebob69

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious if anyone has tried this product:

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/products/CAAP-6033.htm?L+scstore+sdrg0473ff479e47+1113298176

It's cheaper than a python and totally automated including the dechlor process. Do you think it's worth a try or just go for the python?

the link doesn't work, do you have the name of the product to look up on the site?
edit:
Aquarium-Products Automatic Aquarium Water Changer

Oh, I found it. That sounds really cool. I'm guessing you would have to have a dedicated faucet, but thats a great idea. I wonder if it works? If I had a faucet to spare, I'd definitley try it! Doesn't say it dechlors the water though, so if you wanted to you could add an automatic doser.

Link works if you copy and paste it... The "auto definition" of "ca" breaks it's "clickability"....

Anyway, from the site:
"As fresh water is added, it is automatically dechlorinated to safe levels by the specially designed water input nozzle. This eliminates the need to age water before using it in aquariums."

So, it *does* mention auto-dechlor, but I'm assuming that it's just chlorine, and not chloramine, since it mentions "aging water" and I'm under the impression that chloramine can't be aged out.

Sounds like a *constant* water changer - 5 gallons per hour is mentioned on the site. Although I guess you would only run it when you want the water changed - not 24/7. So, to change 20 gallons, run it for 4 hours...

Interesting - something to keep my eye on... Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom