Best FW LED light for 48" Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
And for a good price. Was looking at the Current Satellite Flexible LED strips but are they alright for plants?

The regular fixture kind seemed pretty good. There is a new one with red lights for plants.

Anybody have recommendations on their favorites?

Here is the tank, 72G bowfront. I would like to spent around 150. or less...I know this is a stretch, but hoping for the light to be a medium intensity. It is 18-20 inches to the substrate from the top of the tank 18", 20" if it is a fixture which sits above the glass. Would consider the 48"-60" option if I can afford it.

Thanks for the help.

60074-albums11380-picture65587.jpg

I'm tagging along on this. Hopefully someone replies! It seems that the LED's are mostly geared toward saltwater, but it would be a great option for planted if you can get one with the right spectrum. I've been thinking about putting an LED on one of my planted tanks and trying them out, but have so many other projects that need to be bought/finished first.

Well you would be very thin stretched on you budget to find anything worth while besides maybe the current USA fixture or maybe a finnex fixture... All of the high end planted ones would be about 300-400$ range, believe me I've shopped around and it dosent get much cheaper.

Thanks for the responses so far. I will look into those.

Hey Dallas. Yes, it is a wee little budget, but I will still be low tech and no co2, so I am figuring I won't need a monster light.

I am hoping for some feedback on the sticky strip LED.I know there would be light, just not sure about the quality, and I suppose you can get them in different Kelvin ratings.

Finnex, yes, that was the other lighting fixture I had been looking at and couldn't think of the name of it at the time I posted.

There is a very nice glass lid and I don't want an open top tank on that one so the sticky strips would be fine under the the glass or on top, however that works.

The tank came with 3 extra bulbs (though one was actinic) So I could even go with an older style 4 bulb florescent tube thing probably get for around $50, but the controllers and lighting features like sunrise and sunset as well as dimable for the newer power saving LEDs are nice.

Keep the ideas and experiences coming. This week I would like to decide and order it!

2 probable options

Option 1

Finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED Fixture 48"

180 x 7000K Daylight
96 True deep red 660nm
12 actinic blue moonlights
2 switches

built to last 40,000+ hours / aluminum
139.99 free shipping

Then there's Option 2

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED+

4008 48"-60" Satellite LED+ 2000 36 for 12" 28 par for 18" which would be like mine 21 for 24"

Each Kit Includes:
1 Satellite LED fixture
2 Adjustable docking mounts
1 12V DC UL transformer
1 Wireless LED remote control

$122.77 free shipping

Then there are numerous make them yourself strip options which might work with my other tank with a rusty light fixture connection 37G JEBO.

Help is needed!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom