Best overflow for a non drilled tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I was thinking on embarking on my DIY sump/fuge. I have a 55 gallon non drilled tank. I was looking through several sites and trying to find a good overflow for the tank. I'm a bit confused as you which might work best. I'm a bit blonde to this sump thing LOL. Which would be easiest to set up? I'm looking for something I can just 'plug and play' basically...or could I DIY that as well?

any suggestions as to how good/bad these may be would be great

I found a few :
Overflow Box - Up to 75 Gallon - Single - 6 in. x 3 in. x 10 in. | Wet/Dry Aquarium Filters | Filters | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Reef Aquarium Filtration: Eshopps Overflow Boxes

Aquarium Filters: Continuous Siphon Overflow

Tagging along... had the same question. :)

Beware of the continuous siphon, wier type design, <eg CPR>. They have a tendency for air to collect in the siphon & you must use a small pump to evacuate the air in the siphon or you will flood.

I have a DIY version of the wier design, and siphon break is a constant problem. <Others have reported same with this design.> Switched to siphon tubes (like the Eshopps), no problems since.

i read some articles on the Eshopps they clamed to only get half of the gph they are rated for anyone els have this problem or hear of it

the eshopps has worked great for me since i got it but i used a diy pipe version first you can see a image of it in my diy album on my page it worked great but needed to be taken outside once every two weeks and rinsed out because it would clog a little and lose a little flow rate but would still flow a little i only bought my eshops because i wanted it to blend in to my tank a little better, but i am glad i bought the eshops it works great no problems at all

Back
Top Bottom