Build my led light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I can't set up a new tank but I got the okay to upgrade one of my existing ones an since i have come to prefer the salty side ( a choice my wallet hates me for) I'm upgrading my nano 10g that's been running for a year or a bit longer to a 55g. Thing is it's a reef and in wanting a good enough light to support a rose bulb anemone. My limit on cash for lighting is 350$ so I was wondering would one 14000k reef spectrum at 90 degree beam work for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When it says hanging kit, does it mean above the tank from the celling? If so, is there anyway I can make it mounted as the parents won't let me mount any type of light from the wall or celling. Eh, can't argue with that. Also how do they last long term? Have you had any problems? With my par 38 I have now, it seems I'm sending it back every 6 months to get it repaired as it well burn out isn't the rift word but shuts to lowest amount of light possiblr

Yea, the mounting kit would allow you to hang them, not necessarily from the ceiling, you could hang them inside the canopy if you wanted. Mine are mount inside my canopy.
I've had mine for over a year, and have had not one problem with em.
You could do a DIY bracket to keep them over the tank like some lights.

Do you know how much the actual light weighs? I really like these lights an the fact that the shipping is free is a bonus.

Do you care to post a picture of these on over your tank? I can't really find a good video or picture that shows how lighting actually affects the tank in the way of looks

Good looking tank, love the blue hippo tang. Lights make it look great, I was afraid it would either make it like Windex blue

You control the color, it is dimmable, one channel whites, reds, greens, one channel blues.

Back
Top Bottom