Buying a used Fluval FX5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boilerwxman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Saw an add on Craigslist for a fish tank for sell. Actually nice 125 gallon tank & stand for 275. Now don't need the tank but the tank included a Fluval FX5. I contacted them and they are willing to sell it to me for $125 maybe I can get it to $100.

Here is my question, if it is in good condition should I get a used filter system to start out or just spend $155 on a Fluval 406 like I was originally going to do? Thanks

I would buy that in a second. I would also swap out all the media or at least clean real well.

The report from the seller was it was working like it should when they stopped having fish. I would by all new media but if it is good for 100 to 125 then I think I am a fool not to get it.

I have one in my 240 cichlid tank and I love it. The media is pretty cheap on e-bay too. I say go for it.

I bought mine off CL and never had an issue yet!!! That's one awesome filter. You'd be crazy not to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom