Chiller Q...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an opportunity to pick up a chiller cheap. It is a 1/10 hp chiller that is rated to be able to reduce a 100g aquarium 10*. My tank is a 120. Is this going to be enough? I don't live in a jungle, it doesn't get all that hot in NJ and we use AC *all* the time in the summer.

I just put the MH on my tank (and technically they're not even running yet) so I don't know the effect on my tank.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

If you run the AC all time than it might be cheaper to buy fans instead. I would run your tank with the MH and set your house temp to what it would be at with AC on and see how it goes before dropping money on a chiller.

Depends on what *cheap* is. Typically the temp pull down is compared to the OAT. (Outside air temp, that is, out side the tank) So, sure running your ac down to 78 degrees will help, however, a chiller is a great solution for the summer when your tank lighting does nothing but add to your tank temp.

GL!

Back
Top Bottom