Chiller recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shannono

Aquarium Advice Regular
It looks like I may have to purchase a chiller for my aquarium. I ran my Coralife Aqualight Pro lights today for 12 hours, and the temperature climbed to 84 degrees. I have a clip on fan blowing in the sump, and of course, the light fixture comes with 2 fans, but they are not cooling things adequately. Unless someone has a suggestion that will solve my heat problem, it looks like I will have to purchase a chiller. Does anyone have any chiller recommendations that will not bankrupt me? Also, any pros and cons with regards to inline models versus drop-in models? Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hard to bet the pacific coast line of chillers. I have never had a complaint on one yet. Plus the factory stands behind there stuff real well! A 1/10 hp model is $339 and the mag 7 to run it is under $60. The drop in models can get coil freeze so i do not recomend them or sell them to any one.

Back
Top Bottom