Circulation pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick862

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I have a new sw tank (5-6 weeks old) although I have excessive algae growth as the tank is still cycling I (think), I have added a circulation pump to erase dead spots and I'm not to sure if it's to powerful for the size and shape

I have a fluval 190 corner tank 175L with 25kg of LR ( Iv been told that should be enough? )

Pump= 6w
3000l/h

Also can't seem to find any information on witch direction to point the flow and would I need two as I have the return water flow from my canister filter

there is not exact formula on how to point power heads. just point them so that you have the least amount of dead spots, as you said.
that pump isn't too powerful for your tank.

One more thing, should I get another that's not as powerful and point them at each other or would one be enough. Im not to sure as this tank is in a triangle shape and I'm still new to sw tanks, thanks for your help

well, you'll have to run the pump you have and see how the flow is. if you are getting no flow at the bottom of the tank under the power head, you might need another facing the opposite way.

Back
Top Bottom