coralife super skimmer 125 HOB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revenant_06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i purchased a coralife super skimmer 125 HOB because it came highly reccomended. this thing pisses me off beyond belief, it over flows quite frequently, the drain tube busted off within a week and i dont have a fish tank anymore, i have a frickin bubble bath. unfortunately i cant afford to get a sump filter which i know will help alot with the bubble problem, but does anyone have any advice for me?...if i got rid of the protein skimmer how much should i increase my water changes?...i need some help here please

I have the exact skimmer and havent heard good things about it, but it does a great job for my tank. I havent really had any problems.

Why is it overflowing all of the time? Do you have the valve too far open? One problem I had with mine is the little cannister that sits on top that connects with a small tube by the venturi input was not drilled on both side. That cannister with 2 nipples on top should allow air flow through both nipple.

When I drilled a hole in them it works like a charm. MFG defect.

Let me know what you figure out.

Back
Top Bottom