Curious as to what timer to use...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

110gTj

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok here is what I am trying to do. I want to get my lights on a timer/power center. Basically I have 4 plugs I need on timers. I have my Blue actinic bulbs that will go on in the morning along with the canpoy fan. Thats two plugs so far. Then my 10K daylight bulbs will go n and actinics off, while keeping canopy fan on. Then all off from like 2-4pm then back then all on from 4-8 then I need moonlights on. I knwo its really really confusing to read, but is there any timer that I can have 4 individually controlled plugs on?

I don't know of a single timer that has 4 individualy timed plugs.
Coralife has a 'digital' one that has 8 plugs(I think it's 8) where 4 are on and 4 are off and you can set it so they flip back and forth once a day, as in 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off, not limited to 12 hrs though.
Mine broke after about a year so I bought 4 individual mechanical timers, the kind with the little red and green pins, for less than the cost of a new Coralife. I like them better anyway cuz I can get extra pins and set as many on-off cycles as I want on each timer. Although I must say any more than 3 cycles would be over kill.

Back
Top Bottom