Digital Aquatics Lifeguard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have one of these, and if so, what are your impressions? I'm not looking for a controller (tank is FOWLR, for now), just a monitor that I can access remotely.

Yeah, I read some bad reviews about the lifeguard, and for the price, a reefkeeper is probably the way I will go. I just wish the dang thing could do wireless...

Yeah, I read some bad reviews about the lifeguard, and for the price, a reefkeeper is probably the way I will go. I just wish the dang thing could do wireless...

The modules can't use wireless back to the control head, but with the network module, monitoring is easy.

Yeah, I'm referring to it's "Net" module...it has to run via Ethernet vs WiFi...I suppose I could wire it into a spare wireless router and go that way...

I bought a cheap netgear wifi hotspot that connects my net module wirelessly to my router. Same thing you would use to connect a game console wirelessly.

I have 3 or 4 spare WRT54GLs that run Tomato which I can use...Now I just gotta get an RKL in the house and past my wife :)

That's something none of us can help you with. I was just recently threatened with a budget after the wife spotted the fish store bag.

That's something none of us can help you with. I was just recently threatened with a budget after the wife spotted the fish store bag.

Between the four tanks and my model train obsession...I'm on thin ice. I might have to get it delivered to work :)

Back
Top Bottom