Does anyone have a radion fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like my AI Sols. Still very programmable at half the price ;).

The radions do look sweet though.

The radions come with a usb cable and simple instructions about downloading/installing the software. Id upgrade it after installation as there have been important updates recently.

Crabs said:
When I first got mine, I had no idea what I had to do to set the program and enter the mode. Then I found the video. It took some research. And I also remember having trouble entering the natural mode. Which has to be done by manually pressing and holding the cycle button. Was confusing because I thought it could be done through the program. I can set mine in less than 60 seconds now, but not when I 1st started

I gotcha now! That makes sense. That was the same for me. I had to watch the videos and do research as well before I could figure it out. I was thinking that you were saying it was difficult to program.

I agree with you, I had to learn about it first, but the actual "doing" wasn't bad. Thanks for expanding!

Can you wirelessly mess with the light from your computer

Yes. It does come with simple instructions. If you only want to operate the fixture manually with the control buttons! Otherwise, after u register your Radion and download their site along with the program. Then they send u to a site with the instructions along with a video for simple configuration. With the upgrade, they at least give u this courtesy. They didn't used to. At least they didn't for me. And yes u have to have ur computer attached with the USB cable in order to program the light. Maybe I was the exception, but I've been to other sites where I found people asking the same questions I had. It's worth any hassle that u might run across. I wouldn't recommend any other LED's to anyone. They have a light spectrum and output that would b hard to match. Let alone beat

They do have a light spectrum unlike other fixtures due to the RGB functionality, but from everything I read while deciding what to go with, it is of aesthetic value only - it that additional functionality does not provide any extra benefit to a reef tank. Providing spectral output in the yellows, greens, and most reds looks pleasing to the human eye, but is not beneficial to photosynthetic organisms. Essentially 30-50% of the output of the fixture is not usable by coral. It doesn't mean it won't grow photosynthetic organisms, but it does mean that all the of the light output is not necessarily beneficial to the health of the tank (And in fact some of it is only of benefit to nuisance algaes).

I wondered about that the different colors it makes as well. I don't like the tank to be red and as with a normal 10k daylight the red is lost in the upper part of the water column. If u have it completely red than it had to be making it down to the bottum which I read is pretty much usless to corals. Most of the coral I should say.

And this is why u have the artificial mode. With this mode u can adjust the colors to fit ur tank. U can even adjust the indivdual colors to begin and end at the times u want. Also, there is an adjustment specifically for the depth of ur tank. My only problem with my lighting is simply with photographing my corals in the natural mode. They appear too blue. This isn't noticeable to the naked eye. I could eliminate this if I really wanted to. But to me it's no big deal

Well gang I bought them! Sadly I did express delivery because I simply cannot wait to get them!

I forgot to buy 2 hanging kits I feel retarded. I only bought 1

Was wondering how TLTGF did on his artificial light changeover? Experience any stumbling blocks or did it go pretty smooth?

I'll have to get back with you on that. I didn't realize the St. Patty's day chaos was going to start at 10:00am. So I am planning on attempting it today!

1 other thing. Did u have help fm a YouTube video. If so, where can I find it?

Well, I finally took a look at the software for going to artificial, and played around a bit. It was certainly more tricky than I had previously believed. I moved some points, changed the temps, etc. After all that was said and done, I went to RC and read about 30 pages of the Ecotech Forum and realized that, like many others, I am having fantastic growth of my corals in Natural Mode, so I decided to leave it.

*There was one guy with a 500 gallon tank that did have a custom setting that had phenomenal SPS growth over 4-6 weeks.

As far as I could tell, all i had to do was to click on a time on the graph and it would let me choose the color temps or a preset. I wasn't as friendly as I thought. For now I'll stick to Natural.

Back
Top Bottom