Does Python make a narrower gravel tube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glassbird

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a full Python set-up that works very nicely for me, but I recently rearanged my tank in such a way that the standard width gravel tube does not fit between some of the rock formations and the side of the tank. (It is NOT the length of the tube, but the diameter that is the problem.) I know that Python makes longer tubes (I have one of the longer ones), but do they make a narrower version? I am not having any luck looking locally or online.

If they do not, I will try to DIY something, and any suggestions would be welcomed. I have a spare tube...I am wondering if it could be heated and flattened maybe...hmmm. Or maybe some parts from the plumbing department....:confused:

I can't say I've seen a python with a smaller tube, but I have seen other gravel vacs with smaller diameter tubes. You could scavenge the tube for your python. Otherwise, just use a piece of small diameter plastic pipe.

+1 exactly what I would do and have done. They even have a flat attachment that goes on the end. They only problem with narrow tubes is the substrate tends to get sucked up tube. Just something to consider.

Back
Top Bottom