Don't know the names of all the parts I have

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisajulia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! This is probably going to be a weird question, but I bought all the parts I was told I needed for a reef tank. I have had the set up for over a year and a half...and everything is fine...but I honestly don't know the names of the parts.
I know I have a protein skimmer in a sump. the tank has what I think is called an overflow box where water is sucked in where there is a sponge.
My husband and I put all the tubes and stuff together, my water tests fine, I have beautiful corraline algae on all my rock etc etc, but as I say, I am clueless to the 'mechanics' of it all and get lost when reading about hardware and such. I also want to be sure I have things set up properly so things are running as efficiently as they are supposed to.
I am trying to locate other folks in the VA/DC area so that maybe a 'pro' can come look to see if it's all done correctly.
As I say, it all seems fine, but just want to be sure.
We bought everything as a packaged 'reef ready' tank.
Thanks for any comments!
Lisa
72gal bowfront

Sounds nice. I know there are plenty of saltwater gurus in the Va. area, so hopefully someone will answer here soon. I will be moving from Idaho to the Williamsburg area in a couple of weeks and am hoping to find some help myself. Good luck!

post some pic of what you have questions about. i know there has to be some one ut there who has that some thing just like you have. or could tell you what it dose and how to hook it up. also i know the lfs i work at willcome out to your house and help set up a tnk for a small fee. you could always see if they might do some thing like that for you. or if you have it all hooked up they might be able to tell you what it is.

Hey, I think it's great that you have a well running SW tank when I DO know the names and techinical aspect, and I always have problems, haha. Makes me wonder just how smart I really is.....

Back
Top Bottom