Eheim ECCO Filter question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Eheim ECCO Filter question?

I need to knwo from other Ecco filter owners out there- does your Ecco filter have a small area of air at the top of the filter that is always there when the filter is running?

What I mean is that when I start up my filter it fills with water and runs but there is always a small amount of air at the top of the canister that seems trapped. IS this normal or abnormal?

Ecco owners help?

I think I figured out a big part of my problem. IT is not so much from air in the top of the filter. There is air stuck at the top of my filter but I think that is normal in the Elhim Ecco type filters. Mine has it and others say they have it too.

What I had a issue with was my supply and return lines to the tank got fully coated in a layer of alge. It was strange cause it was the same throughout and covered the entire inside of the lines.

Instead of removing them for cleaning, which I will eventually do, I simply left the filter running and squeezed or pinched the line in different places. What it did was create a fast water flow at that point and also broke up and off the alge connected to the tubes. I kept doign it and it would spit out this very strange white/tan golored alge. Nasty but the the HOF took care of the particles and what not. Fish did not like the taste anyway. Btu I noticed after I did as much as I could the cloudy/ air bubbly looking water has gotten better. I think if I do a full cleaning of the tubbing that I will be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom