filter-direct RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msamsonz28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got the RO585 unit today and now I realize it does not have DI. Is RO water good enough or should I try to exchange for one with DI, such as the R6100?

RO is better than nothing but won't filter out a lot of the impurities in tap that can sometimes be present like no3/po4. If the cost to ship it back and get the RO/DI isn't too high then I would swap it out or you could add a DI kit to your existing RO.

So I bought the DI filter from filterdirect. I am trying to figure out how it hook up. Referring to the diagram at http://www.watergeneral.com/support/html/RD100.htm it appears I can either have separate RO and DI lines or I can hook it up so the DI filter comes after the RO. And then drinking water comes from the 4th stage. Is this right? I thought I could have RO/DI for the tank and then have RO for drinking. Is water that goes through the first 4 stages and then goes through DI filter what I should use for the tank? I hope I am making sense here. I thought this would be easier.

Never mind, I figured it out while drinking a few beers last night. I have fresh saltwater mixing and I'm drinking coffee made with RO water. No more carrying water up the stairs. Life is good.

Back
Top Bottom