Fluval 404

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtle71

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys, I have the chance to buy a used Fluval 404 for next to nothing. Apparently in very good condition.
How his your experience with that one?

Next question: what is a light ballast?

:thanks:

A light ballast is something that is necessary to make a fluorescent light work. They wear out and need to be replaced. Some are easier than others to replace. Most parts are available at big box hardware stores.

As for 404, I cant help there. I would most definately recommend a new set of gaskets though before you use it. I have a 406 and I am very happy

A light ballast is something that is necessary to make a fluorescent light work. They wear out and need to be replaced. Some are easier than others to replace. Most parts are available at big box hardware stores.

As for 404, I cant help there. I would most definately recommend a new set of gaskets though before you use it. I have a 406 and I am very happy

I am planning on buying a new fluval because I hear only good things about it. The tank I bought came with two Marineland bio wheel filters and I can't stand them. They are incredibly loud. Definitely not something I want in my living room.
I've seen the fluval filter boxes at the store and ended up opening one. I was a little bit surprised how difficult it looks like. Is it difficult to put the filter together? :oops:

No, it is not hard to put together, but it does take at leadt an hour to do. Only scary part is cutting the hose. Make sure you know where you want to place your cannister, intake and outflow before you cut anything.

You can view the installation instructions online before you purchase and judge for yourself.

No, it is not hard to put together, but it does take at leadt an hour to do. Only scary part is cutting the hose. Make sure you know where you want to place your cannister, intake and outflow before you cut anything.

You can view the installation instructions online before you purchase and judge for yourself.

Thank you. I will watch it online so I know what I am doing...lol There was another customer in the store who was so excited about it that he told me a lot about it. Stuff like if you put the hoses in this or that way it gives a nice flow that even the plants are moving. He gave me so much information that my head was spinning after a while :blink:
hm the question is now how do I get the sweet bacteria from the marineland bio wheel into the fluval canister? This are by the looks so totally different systems. How to do this?

hey guys, I have the chance to buy a used Fluval 404 for next to nothing. Apparently in very good condition.
How his your experience with that one?

Next question: what is a light ballast?

:thanks:

A ballast is required regulate voltage on electric discharge light systems such as florescent and HID lighting. They are specific to your number and style of lamps.

Back
Top Bottom