Fluval PS2 Protein Skimmer Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frugal75

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
New to Hobby. Setup a Fluval Evo 13.5 with live sand, Nutra Sea Water and 15lbs of live rock two days ago. Also installed Fluval's PS2 protein as recommended by Fluval. The problem is that it produces bubbles and seems to put a ton of micro bubbles in lthe water. I'm completely frustrated with the skimmer and thinking of taking it off. Anyone know how to adjust this properly or should I toss it?

Please Help Me!!!

Last edited:
Sometimes skimmers can take a few days to break in, but most flu all skimmers I've had experience with are garbage anyway and on this size tank not really needed.

Being new to saltwater aquariums you read so many things about the need for protein skimmers and then again you read some people say you don't need one very confusing Is there a better brand that makes a protein slimmer for nano tanks?

I've always liked reef octopus and eshopps skimmers, but again not needed on nano tanks as larger % wcs are very easy to do

Back
Top Bottom