Found an RODI System Installed in my house...I think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that's a beautiful tank!!!

I believe your swordtails are actually platys, but since they interbreed all the time it doesn't matter really....

I think the dwarf gouramis should be fine, that tank is big enough. I've found 2 males only get aggressive if there is a female, and then it gets ugly! (Females are silver with very faint stripes, very rare since not so pretty)

I'd add a school of large tetras such as Buenos Aires or Congo tetras.... Very pretty tetras!

Another idea would be rainbow fish, very active and colorful. There are many kinds so if your interested in these, maybe start a separate thread.

Also you may want to rehome your pleco as they get huge and have a massive bioload (in other words they poop a lot).

Your clown loach looks like he isn't gonna last much longer.... is he as skinny as he appears in that photo? He looks like he's in an advanced stage of wasting disease.

Your clown loach looks like he isn't gonna last much longer.... is he as skinny as he appears in that photo? He looks like he's in an advanced stage of wasting disease.

I just completed treating him for what we were thinking was a parasite, due to him staying active and eating a ton, but still staying thin. He had white patches on his sides that seemed to resemble a sweaty ballcap. Just in the last couple days his white patches are starting to fade, but we will see if he starts gaining weight. He will eat anything and everything I put in the tank. I have seen videos of people feeding their fish vegetables. I believe cucumbers. Is this something that is common or beneficial to the fish?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Zucchini is what you want, cucumbers have barely any nutritional value.

Fish love them, just blanch a slice in boiling water for a minute or so, then place it in ice water to cool then feed.

Edit: I thought clown loaches are carnivores? Your pleco will love it though...

The food I normally feed him is shrimp pellets or dried shrimp. But he seems to eat the flakes that the smaller fish eat too. Or anything that goes in the tank

There's hundreds of catfish? do you have a picture or know the species? Catfish can range from 1 inch to 5 feet. That's quite a huge difference.

Caleb

Here Is my catfish. Tough looking guy. I love how he is always lurking in the shadows lol

Attachments

• 1450736366775.jpg
    1450736366775.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 83
Zucchini is what you want, cucumbers have barely any nutritional value.

Fish love them, just blanch a slice in boiling water for a minute or so, then place it in ice water to cool then feed.

Edit: I thought clown loaches are carnivores? Your pleco will love it though...

Botiid loaches are primarily carnivorous (preferring invertebrates in particular) but they are opportunistic and will eat lots of other stuff too. Think of them like bears- they'll eat salmon and they'll eat berries but put both in front of them and the salmon will get eaten first. Same with loaches; they prefer snails and shrimp but it's good for them to eat veggies too.

Finally heard back from SpectraPure. They helped me find the part number that was on the bottom of my membrane canister. MPRO-15, manufactured in September of 2002. Looks like it definitely has some age on it, but I bought a TDS meter and it appears to be working well. TDS at the tap was 340 ppm. The first bit of water out of the membrane was 40 ppm, but after running it for a few minutes, dropped to 8 ppm. If my quick math is right, the RO is removing ~97% of my TDS.

Only downside...15 gpd is TERRIBLE. But the good news is that it looks like it will cost less than $60 to upgrade to 90 gpd.

It seems like the consensus here has been that using RO water will not benefit me or my fish enough to offset the cost/inconvenience of using it, but with it already being installed in the house, I want it to be fully operational, in case I decide to use it.

Back
Top Bottom